Have you been to the Riverland lately? Here are 5 good reasons to plan a weekend away at Loxton in April.
1. Join us for this special one-night-only event in historic Loxton. Fossils will bring to life for you the best folk songs of the 60s, 70s and later, many made famous by the wonderful Peter, Paul and Mary and Bob Dylan.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service is the health lifeline for thousands of rural people. Have a great night out on Saturday 14th April 2018 and help us raise money for this essential service.
Tickets $20. Bookings: ph 0408325021.
2. Whistling Kite Wines is a living example of biodynamic and sustainable farming practices. Take the chance to sample this Riverland produce for yourself. Whistling Kite Wines is the 2018 regional winner of the Best of Wine Tourism Award in the Sustainable Wine Tourism Practices category.
3. The historic Loxton Village will give you a fascinating insight into life when horses pulled ploughs, bread was baked at home and goods arrived by paddle steamer:
4. Playing golf on a beautiful rural course is something special, even if your personal best is usually at the nineteenth hole. Give it your best shot at the Loxton Golf Course.
5. Visit “The Pines”, Loxton’s historic house and garden, for a glimpse of the grand rural lifestyle enjoyed by those who amassed wealth and power: